You may have a groggy start each morning, believing that it has something to do with not getting enough sleep. It’s tempting to take another nap to feel better, but that can make you lose those important hours of the day. Instead, consider eating these healthy breakfast foods to start your day. The best day comes from the best breakfast, so consider including these healthy eating tips in your diet.
The secret to boosting your metabolism in the morning is to include some kind of protein in your diet. It gives your brain the burst of energy it needs, so that you can concentrate better.
1. Avocado: Avocado is rich in nine essential amino acids that are guaranteed to give your metabolism the jumpstart it needs every day. You can puree and season it in any way you like, before spreading it on a thick piece of whole wheat toast. Avocado is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are very good for your heart.
2. Cheese and milk: choose low-fat options for your dairy items, so that you’re not storing those annoying milk fats. They can add flavour to a healthy breakfast foods, while still providing the protein you need to start the day.
3. Tempeh: tempeh is a traditional soy product, originated from Indonesia, that is used as a meat substitute. It contains calcium, iron, magnesium and the Vitamins of B group. You can add it to any salad to add flavor and texture to an otherwise full bowl of greens.
4. Greek-style yogurt: you can pair Greek yogurt with just about anything. You can add your favorite whole-grain cereal, granola or even some fruits and berries. It has almost twice the amount of protein as other dairy products and can actually aid in digestion, so you can avoid those tummy aches.
5. Whey protein: if you’re not eager to make something complicated, you can add a scoop of whey protein to your smoothies or a glass of water. There are alternatives of soy for those who are vegan/vegetarian. It will keep you feeling full longer and spike your metabolism, so that you’re ready for the day ahead of you.
6. Spinach: the best breakfasts should include this famous leafy green. Whether it’s in a salad, mixed into an omelette or chopped up in a breakfast sandwich, spinach is loaded with nutrients and vitamins, and it has the highest protein content of any leafy green out there.
7. Eggs: there’s nothing eggs can’t do. Hard-boiled, scrambled, poached, whatever your preference, it should be included in the start of your day. They’re easy to prepare, but can provide a big boost to your metabolism.
8. Oatmeal: there are many reasons to dig in oats in the morning – not only eating this healthy breakfast food is great for your heart, but also the fiber contained in oatmeal can help lower cholesterol. Avoid buying flavored kind of oats, which can contain plenty of sugar. Instead, add some honey into your oatmeal bowl and top it up with some nuts, fruits and berries – your quick healthy breakfast is ready!
9. Fruits, berries and vegetables:
Bananas, grapefruits, oranges, kiwis, apples, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries…low in calories, all these wonderful friends of your health can enrich your breakfast with vitamins to give you that extra boost of energy in the morning. If you prefer vegetables to fruits, then try chopping some tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots into your morning salad and don’t forget to sprinkle it with some lemon or lime juice for that extra boost of vitamins and rich taste.
10. Fish: amongst these healthy eating tips, you should include some kind of fish into your diet. You can spice up a salad with some bits of salmon or tuna fish. The oils in fish are also helpful in keeping your heart healthy and your brain active.
11. Hemp seeds: hemp seeds are high in amino acids that kick your brain into gear and help with muscle development. They can be included in salads or your favourite breakfast soups.
12. Cottage cheese: cottage can be used to enrich the healthiest of the best breakfast foods. It can even be added to a smoothy to give it some thickness and flavour.
I hope you find these healthy eating tips useful.
What other best healthy breakfast foods you like to eat in the morning to boost your metabolism and help you to kickstart your day?
Please, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.